Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Sunday Post: February 5, 2012

What constitutes success?

In my business life, I am fairly well-versed in working on projects, knowing the goal and the steps to get there, the timeline I am allotted, and milestone checkpoints along the way.

The growth of this blog has been more organic. I simply began one day. And as I've gone along, I have observed things I like and don't like about other blogs I see, and made a few tweaks along the way. One early tweak was working to improve the image quality. It's so true that pictures convey more than words can in some cases.

So when can I call this blog a success?

It's a puzzling question to me. I really have no defined goal, other than launching my thoughts and ideas out into the world to see if I connect with someone else. There are enough subscribers that I think I'm not just talking to those of my family and friends gracious enough to listen to my ramblings. My page hit count per day has increased steadily during the year or so I've been doing this. Some other bloggers, all of whom I respect, have listed me in blogrolls; a few things I've written have been featured by others.

I think the difference here is that it's not about the destination - it's about the journey. In writing the blog, I have learned things myself, researching where my knowledge is short to try to provide a fuller picture for you. I am pleased to see that what I have done is found interesting by others.

And I've made some friends along the way - people I would never have met in any other circumstance.

Thanks for coming along on the trip with me.

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is wonderful! I thoroughly enjoy it and have learned quite a bit myself from it. Thank you for your posts! Keep up the good work, and in my humble opinion, I think this blog is a success :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm blushing! Thanks for your kind words, and I'm glad you enjoy the blog!

      Delete
  2. I love your blog! Thank you for doing it :D I don't have many blogs in my RSS Reader, but yours is one--I'm picky with my reading time.
    --I think your blog is a smashing success, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete