Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Favorite Inks: DeAtramentis Jane Austen

I am a big Jane Austen fan. I have read everything she wrote multiple times, including the juvenilia, some of which is - well, juvenile. I've also read a lot of fan fiction, some very good (thank you, Abigail Reynolds) and some awful.

So, when I saw DeAtramentis had a Jane Austen ink, I bought it without having a real clue (or is that "clew?") as to its colour, other than it was dark green.

It arrived in the mail the other day - and already it's hit the favourite list for me. A forest green ink that's beautiful, serene, well-behaved - rather more like Jane than Elizabeth.

Without further ado, may I have the honour of introducing DeAtramentis Jane Austen to you?



Here's the rinse test mentioned in the review
 (As always, images have been color-corrected and look a perfect match to me, on my monitor. Your Monitor May Vary. If you have your heart set on a particular colour, may I suggest you first try a sample before buying a full bottle? That may alleviate disappointment.)


And, lastly, should you have a desire to see Miss Austen's manuscripts in her own handwriting (alas, not in green), have a look here. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love a forest green ink! Especially if it's named after Miss Austen. Good choice! Thank God I'm not the only one with a pen and ink fetish... :] Im here to follow you, not it seems I have to frequent your blog because we may be more than friends after this entry! :P
    Thank you for being one of my followers. Thank you so much. I have a $40 thank you giveaway going on until my b-day. Please come over and enter it! Deb

    ReplyDelete