Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Sunday Post: July 10, 2011

Favorite Places to Write

In good weather, this is one of my favorite places to be.


entering from the west side of the house
We have a postage-stamp-size yard. That was actually on purpose; at the time we bought the house, we were both working long hours and wanted something that would be lower maintenance.

from the east side of the house (looking back up the critter highway, BTW...)

Because of its small size, the back yard is the ideal outdoor room in summer. It's to the south of the house, and largely shaded by a bank of cedar trees just behind us. It feels very private, and it's comfortable on hot days. (Not that we've had any of those yet this year.) On summer days, there's nowhere more pleasant I can think of to be than sitting on my back patio, with pens and journal and a cold drink.

The view from my favorite chair
I also happen to think it's pretty. (This despite the fact that I still haven't planted the pots for the summer...and it's July...oh well.)

Where's your favorite place to write?

No comments:

Post a Comment